Sunday, December 5, 2010

You're Hot then You're Cold :)






Cute Title Right! Its for my Hot/Cold Packs/ Sachets ( Multifunctional- LOVE IT)

It was super easy to make these and they took 30 minutes total!

What you will need:
Rice Stuffing Mix- which you can find here
Pretty Fabric ( I used an old sweater of mine from forever 21 ...sad day I loved that sweater :( Brown velvet fabric and an old white t-shirt)
Hot Glue Gun
Needle
Invisible Thread ( this does actually exist :)

Step 1) Cut your main fabric ( in my case it was my sweater) into 4 Equal squares 4 inches by 6 inches ( You can make it smaller or bigger depending on your need :) Trim these squares into coffe cup shapes ( do not do a handle yet) set aside.
Step 2- Take your "coffee" material ( In my case it was a brown velvet material) and cut it into a rectangle the width of your coffee cup at the top ( I then cut mine into an oval that measure the width of my coffee cup.)
Step 3 Stitch together the 2 Coffee cup sides from to pack ( or if you are like me and hate sewing and don't have a sewing machine ghot glue gun it !)
Step 4 Fill the sachet with the rice mixture and stitch top shut. add your brown fabric on top and sew it to the cup.

Step 5- Take scrap fabric and create your handle, Add your marshmallows or steam and voila! you are done! :)

To use as Hot Pack - Microwave for 20-30 seconds
To use as cold pack- Simply Throw in Refrigerator or Freezer :)

What do you like to create ?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...